I got nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much to lovely Lyra for nominating me! I love the energy and the vibes that her blog is emanating. If you’re looking for new challenges in your writing journey, you should definitely take a look at her blog Lyrallya.
These are the rules:
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link bank to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
~~ 11 Facts About Me ~~
- I drink coffee (a lot), even before I go to bed. If there’s any herbs on it, like mushroom, spirulina, ginseng, hibiscus, and the like, then it’s the best coffee.
- I like photography. I think no need to elaborate that. 😉
- I live in a tropical country for my entire life, but had skied on a beginner slope in a snow mountain resort thrice after practicing in the bunny hill once. This was during a company trip to a snowy country.
- My taste buds aren’t train to distinguish which dish tastes good or not. As long as it’s edible, I eat them (with some exemptions, though).
- I am an introvert.
- I like working behind the scenes.
- I wander on streets, stroll at the park – watch people in both times.
- Poetry is a re-live passion.
- I first watched Disney fairy tales and stories when I was already in High School.
- The first time I watched movie in cinema was when I was in college.
- I always find joy in what I do.
~~ 11 Questions from Lyra ~~
1. What is your greatest passion?
If there is one thing that I do that will continue beyond time is servicing to people, especially with children. Volunteering is one of my greatest happiness.
2. What is your favorite color and why?
My most favorite colour is BLUE. It’s the color that reflects in the vastness of sky and ocean. That is simply because blue is a slow-moving wave of light – just as myself. I love slow-moving pace of life. It gives me enough time to contemplate what is happening in every moment. This color also represents confidence, harmony, and faithfulness.
3. Have you ever been in love?
Romantically in love? I never been, and every day, I’ve been praying that moment will come. While patiently waiting for that, I’m loving life every bit of it.
4. How do you deal with difficult moments?
I’m a type of person who don’t dwell on difficulties. I think, I had enough of them when I was growing-up. My perceptions had changed to only look at the god side of things. Everything happens for a reason, and no difficulties we encounter has no resolve. I always take control of my emotions to not be affected of them, and be on a sense of finding solutions. Going on a nature trip, doing meditation and yoga helps to bring me to that sense.
5. What brings you peace?
The sound of the waves
that rushes through the shore.
The patter of raindrops
that dances on the roof.
The breeze of the cold air
that embraces in the morning.
The smell of the fresh flowers
that blossoms in the garden.
6. What is your favorite book?
I can’t say I really have a favorite book, but one of the best book I ever read was Mitch Albom’s “Tuesdays with Morrie.”
7. Do you have something that you’ve owned your entire life?
I don’t think so there’s still a thing that remained until now since my birth (if that’s what this means). Our house where I was born and grew-up for some years had been through thick times – fire, flood, and more flood.
8. What’s your best “birthday” memory?
Back in college, when my Mama wanted me to be at home on summer. I didn’t like going home back then because of the long travel – 12 hours of bus travel. But because seldom she requested it, I went. It was my best ever and the very first memory of birthday celebration. My Mama surprised me with a birthday party. It was the very first time I blew a birthday cake.
9. What’s the most original gift you were ever given?
I can’t remember it anymore, but I received some from Kris-kringles during Christmas.
10. What was your favorite holiday and why?
It’s always the New Year. It’s that time of year that my family is gathering to welcome the next season, my Papa, together with my brothers, are the one cooking, my Mama, together with my sister and I, is preparing the tables, while my nieces and nephews are entertaining relatives who visit.
11. What’s your favorite flower? Why?
Hyacinths. That is because of its mesmerizing fragrance.
~~ My nominations ~~
- Of Wishes N Whines
- Uninhibited Ladi
- Homeschool Tech Help
- Drawing with Light
- Dream. Wander. Emerge.
- Distinctly Denise
- Navigated to Blog
- A Sweet Bright Thing
- Horses Dirt and Motherhood
- Hopeful Circus
- The Wandering Woman
~~ My Questions ~~
When was the last time you cried?
If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Why?
Would you do bungee jump?
What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
What is the first thing you notice about people?
What is your favorite smells?
Mountain hide-away or beach house – Why?
What is the farthest you have been from home?
Do you have special talent?
Do you use sarcasm alot?
Were you named after anyone?
I have received few other nominations for this award. I would like to thank you for the thoughts. I would make a response for them anytime soon. I’m really grateful to Sarah of My Name is Sarah Virginia, and Angie of The Odd Things.